What’s Unique about psychology at UNCG?
- A structured curriculum, including hands-on laboratory experience, builds depth of understanding.
- Annual Kendon Smith Lecture Series and other lectures bring psychologists from around the nation to UNCG to discuss research issues.
- Internationally recognized professors publish their work in the top research journals, including with student co-authors.
Academic clubs and organizations
- Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society) sponsors social and academic events.
- Opportunities are available every semester to conduct independent research under the direction of a faculty member.
- Honors program that allows advanced students with strong academic records to gain in-depth seminar and research experience.
- Psychology 472 enables students to obtain direct internship experience supplemented with classroom discussion and interpretation (examples of past internship sites include the Greensboro Police Department and various mental health agencies).
- The program prepares students for a variety of careers in mental health and related fields. (Note: A graduate degree is required for most careers in clinical or counseling psychology.)
- CEO at Ross Hospital in San Anselmo, Calif.
- Psychologist at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Assistant professor at Yale University School of Medicine
- Vice president for Superior Mechanical Services
- President of U.S. Public Health Corps
- Assistant professor at James Madison University in Virginia
- Juvenile court counselor for the state of North Carolina
- Helicopters aviator for the U.S. Marine Corps
- Paramedic with EMS of Guilford
- Tulane University
- Princeton University
- Indiana State University
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Georgia
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Columbia University and many more
Professional organizations and accreditation
Clinical psychology graduate program is accredited by the American Psychological Association.
M.A. in General Experimental Psychology, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Ph.D. in Cognitive, Developmental, or Social Psychology
Health & Wellness